Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Not Many Attended My March 3rd Seminar !!!


Only seven attendees and I am not disappointed that much.

I nearly wanted to postpone the talk however there was a foreigner who happened to have booked his plane seat.

I feel not very nice to disappoint a person who was looking forward to come and attend my seminar.

I told him my predicament but due to him I proceeded with the seminar.

The nitrite issue is taking a toll on all swiftlet farming activities and one of them is difficulties to get people to attend my seminar.

I will not stop but maybe to make the fee lower by not supplying those free items like sound and super pheromone any longer.

Maybe move the seminar location to a cheaper place.

The important point is to continue giving the right information to those who wanted to get involve with swiftlet farming.

One of the most interesting even during my last seminar was the present of a BH owner who have attended a number of my courses plus buying my sounds.

I dragged him to joint the talk by giving some time for him to put forward his experiences from what happened when he first started.

His BH was a two stories BH located in an agricultural land somewhere in Pahang.

His first "Sifu" was from a well known company based in Penang.

Not satisfied he attended a Seminar in Subang Jaya.  Bought a set of sound and revamped as per what he learned from that seminar.

Both does not seems to work.

There were no tenant and was beginning to feel the strain due to constant pressure from his funder (father in law).

While searching for the right solution he stumbled onto my blog and make an SOS call asking to test my sound collection.

"Pak Harry, I would like to buy your top of the chart bird sounds.  I wanted to test them and if they works I will look forward to attend your next Seminar."

This was the turn around event.  The moment he tested my first sound, within less than 10 seconds, there were so many birds that rushed to the entrance hole and entered.

Every body at the scene that day were like screaming with joy.

"That it.  I have finally found the cure for my BH.  I need to get this Pak Harry to be my Sifu."

He starting courting Pak Harry and attended nearly all his seminars.

Bought all his newest sound and invited Pak Harry to come and view the BH.

"Pak Harry gave his sincere opinion on the internal heat, precise tweeters placement, partitioning of rooms and et."

"I followed all what he said and now I have about 700 nests."

It seems that my area the favourite external sound was NBU.

"If you want to see more birds staying back inside your BH, why don't you modify the external sound to become your internal sound.  You can do this by slotting in those baby birds sound into your NBU sound."

That was the final advise he gave me during his site visit.

I took all his advises and it works like a miracle.

Thank you Pak Harry and you save my marriage.

Just yesterday I visited the BH and before I could entered my wife went in first.

Within less than one minute she suddenly came out. I asked her why? Any problem?

She was standing there at the door smiling.


"Yes there is a big problem.  The moment I entered the 1st room, I put my torchlight on and shined on the ceiling, I can see hundreds of them and many were taking position on the nesting planks."

"I think it is better not to disturb them."

"May be we should postpone our maintenance works."

" I was so happy and both of us knows that  this is all because of our "Sifu" who is so frank and sincere with all his knowledge.  That is Pak Harry.

If there were hundreds of them in the first room than there might another few hundreds in the second and third rooms"

I was a bit embarrassed with his conclusion but I thanked him for such a beautiful story on how he started and where he is now.

Read my visit report about his BH at: http://swiftletfarming.blogspot.com/2011/05/what-can-be-possible-reasons-why-those.html

No comments: