One of the most interesting benefit when I revamp those sick BHs is to have the opportunities in conducting new ideas that might help to get quicker nests.
The owner will be very happy if these new ideas might work.
While in Kulai Johor I took the troubles to install about 300 fake nests in this revamped BH. Yes I installed all of them on my own.
Out of the 300 about 12 were those made of aluminium. The rests were made of styrofoam, plastic and gel.
Most of the plastics and gel were sprayed with super pheromone but for the 12 pieces of aluminium fake nests I tried something new.
What I did was to apply those raw nests which were soaked in plain water for three days.
This was how the application looks like and let us hope that the smell generated from these soaked raw nest will make those swiftlet feel more at home.
I will make every effort to monitor the progress and if those swiftlet should start to make their nests on these 12 aluminium fake nests you will be the first to know.
We cannot take for granted but the only way to find out is to try every idea that we believed will attract them into our BH.
Enjoy the video clip and pictures: