Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

Let See What Is Inside Those Figs Fruits !!!



Today I managed to wrap up the revamp works in Kulai and fetched my two workers home.

While driving received a call from Mr B from Sandakan, Sabah.

"Pak Harry, I would like to get some cut branches from those Figs trees.  Can you fetch me from KL and show me where to get them?"

Frankly I was a bit tired from the 3.5 hours drive but I keep telling myself that there is someone who came so far and wanted some help.

Well since I was about to reach KL I told him to meet me somewhere in KL proper.

I fetched him at one of the bus stop and we started by having a short tour to look at all those figs trees that I was familiar with.

Some of them are fruiting and some are with ripe fruits.

After the short tour I stopped him at my favourite spots where he can helped himself with those branches.

While he was busy with cutting those branches I was curious about what can be found inside those figs fruits.

I know that there will be lots of those figs warps but may be some other insects.

Well what I did was to plug a few of those going to be ripe fruits and squeezed one by one to opened.

Let see what will come out of them.

Have a look at this first figs fruit:



Immediately after I opened the fruit those figs warps were jumping all over the place.

Sorry to use only one hand since the other hand was with my iPhone camera.

Have a look at the second piece:

The same thing happened since the fruit was from the same tree.





What about another specie from a different tree closed by?

I was surprised to see that the insect from this particular tree were not those figs warps but a kind of beetles.

Small but they are able to fly once they are released in the open.






More pictures taken during today's outing with Mr B.

If you happened to be in Kuala Lumpur and would like to take a short tour please call 017 7551318.

There is a small fee for the professional time to take you around.








No comments: