Saturday, March 3, 2012
A Newly Constructed BH in Bagan Serai Perak !!!
On Tuesday 28/01/12 I was given a long ride, 2.5 hours, from Kuala Lumpur to Bagan Serai Perak to take a good look at a newly build BH.
The owner came to fetch me and upon reaching I was taken right into the BH.
The walls and ceiling were completed however the plank and tweeters were waiting for my expertise (according to him).
Oh I didn't know until I was informed at site.
The unit was 20 feet wide and 60 feet long and only two stories.
After looking around I told him to revamp the entrance hole. He was using this top entry type. It was too small and not properly located. I wonder who did the design?
Anyway these were some of my observations and comments which can be useful to all newbies:
1) I insisted that he erect a monkey house facing the padi field. My advise was to get a monkey house about 10 feet by 8 feet and 6 feet tall.
2) I gave him the sketch on where the entrance holes should be located. The size of the entrance hole should be 3 feet wide and 4 feet high.
3) To allow those birds to enter the roving area, the ceiling that was erected on the chosen slot need to be cut and opened. I insisted that the hole must be whole and not leaving any walkways around the perimeter.
4) The old top entry hole, around 4 feet by 4 feet, to be totally shut.
5) The next important point were the partitions to block those light and guide those birds to fly above the LAL.
6) He was not sure on the nesting planks orientation. I gave my idea on how the nesting planks should be arranged.
7) What about the sound system? He bought most of the items needed but there are a few additional items that he wanted my help.
8) What about the sound? Nothing yet according to him. He wanted me to choose the best for the BH.
9) Nest who are you engaging to install these internal planks and sound system? "Well it is you Pak Harry" Oh oh this is not that I like. I hate it when it is too far, I told him. If the incentive is proper I will do my best.
After a small lunch he drove back and dropped me home.
Well from the way it is I might be busy with another project.