Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

What Can Be More Relaxing Than Watching Those Swiftlet Entering Your BH !!!!




People used to ask me about what is the best thing in swiftlet farming?

With a wide smile I will say that watching those swiftlet rushing into your BH every evening is the most exciting things in my swiftlet farming career.

The more the number of birds entering the more you feel accomplished.

I was with this visitor from Sandakan, Sabah yesterday and after the long tour to collect some Figs branches I managed to take him to Kepong KIP to look at those birds coming back to roost.

"Pak Harry I used to study my degree in biotech at Twintech University just around here.  In fact I was working in one of those bio company just around the corner."

Well that was what he was muttering to me while on the way to KIP BH.

The moment we reached the site he was surprised with the soft volume of the sound that was coming out from those tweeters.

"Wow the volume is so small.  All this while I thought it should be as loud as you can."

My answer to him was that it shall be dependent on the surrounding.

The Kepong BH is in a residential areas and there will be a sure complains if we are not careful.

If the unit is in an agriculture land I will blast the sound a bit louder, I told him.

The best thing that he learned from this trip was to confirm my prescription that the entrance hole should be facing the flying path home.

By watching the flying behaviour of those swiftlet from far and how they flew right to the entrance window and suddenly swerved into it was some thing very special to him.

It was during this time that I mentioned to him how I feel by just watching those swiftlet flying into the entrance hole.

It was more like a soothing and enjoyable moment of the day.

He nodded and agreed fully with me.

"Pak Harry I hope my new BH will be the same as this and I am sure I will be enjoying like you are today."

"Thank you for taking me to this place and this is the best for my whole day with you."

No comments: