Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Benefits Of Insect Breeding For Your BH !!!


I would like to write a bit more about insect breeding benefits with special emphasis on swiftlet farming.

In Malaysia swiftlet farming with insect breeding is in its very early stage.

Not many people have any idea on what kind of benefits insect breeding will do to their BHs.

Today I have an opportunity to have breakfast with a newbie who happened to be very fascinated with insect breeding for swiftlet farms.

"Pak Harry, initially after reading your blog on insect breeding I thought it was nothing more than a gimmick.  However after doing more research and attending Pak Agung's Seminar about insect breeding, I think you are right.  My BH nest population now is doing well, above my expectation, not only more nests but they are larger in size.  I can see that most of my tenants are larger in body size thus their nests are also bigger."

Pak Agung is a swiftlet farmer located somewhere near Surabaya who adopted insect breeding as his method to populate his BH.  His dedication not only bring more birds from his neighbours BH to his but he met  a group of demonstrators, about 200 of them, marching beside his BH who later ended their street demonstration to a Police station nearby.

Just imagine a group of demonstrators who start marching beside your BH,cursing at you, throw some missiles and they can become rowdy.

These people claimed that Pak Agung stole their birds away using a kind of magic portion however Pak Agung managed to convince the Police chief that what he did was nothing more than providing food to those wild birds.

After attending Pak Agung's seminar this Malaysian newbie came back and started his insect generating barn.

He later decided to breed these insect inside his BH, on the ground floor.

There is no turning back for the benefits he sees is worth the effort he put in.

For me we swiftlet farmer must take this as a good lesson.

Insect breeding is something that can help to populate our empty or stagnant nests in your BH.

Not only there will be more birds entering your BH but they will become well fed and larger in size.

I am sure if you breed these insect diligently for at least 4-6 months you will get the result.

I have a very good experience using insect breeding my self.

My sincere observation was that within less than 3 weeks  after starting  insect breeding one of my research BH it got a massive 30% increase in the number of birds entering the house during late evening.

Remember I am talking about birds population but not nests population.

More birds means more nests within the next few months.

This is within about 3 weeks.  What if after 12 months?

I will continue conducting this research and if insect breeding helps to increase the population, I will be the first to recommend that every BH should have insect breeding system at a part of your new BH.

If you already have a BH without insect breeding, my recommendation is to try to find suitable place inside or outside for insect breeding.

You can order the insect generating powder easily and mix it with normal water.

For easier start up you can also purchase those starter insects during your start up.

Trust me on this for I am here to help you with your BH problems.

One common problem is in populating your BH with birds.  Insect generation is one of the many methods.

For more details in getting the insect food or proper design of insect breeding please call 017 7551318.


No comments: