Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Natural Nest Foundation Slipper Made Of Raw Nest !!!

(The Nest Foundation on a 6"x6' slipper wood)

If you think that Pak Harry is now out of new ideas, you are not right or totally wrong.

I think there is something new that I can say it came from my thick headed brain.

I called is as the "Nest Foundation Slipper".

This interesting new idea came about when I was soaking those raw nests to be used for my next BH revamp project.

While stirring those wet soggy nests in a container something strike my mind.

"Why can't we use these soft raw nest to act as the foundation to attract those young birds to start building their nest?"

Well I keep thinking on how to create those mould onto say a piece of nesting plank wood about 6"x6".

There must be some method to make the mould but what can be the best option which can be easily available, cheap and can be folded to the required shape?

While visiting a shop selling those bakery material supplier I saw these trays made of a very thin aluminium.

After touching it and feel its thickness I think I have found the answer to turn it into a mould.

Yes I can cut the aluminium tray into strips about half an inch wide and make some cut to allow the material to form the shape I wanted.

I managed to get my workers to cut a few pieces of those nesting planks into slipper about 6 inches by 6 inches.

I used those hot glue gun to get the shape I wanted and hola the moulds were ready to receive those soft fermented raw nests.

Using a small tweezers I filled the mould with the raw nest.

After finishing I let the nest to dry and once dried remove the aluminium mould.

Oh yes it looks exactly like the base of a nest.

What I need to do now is to screw the slipper onto a selected location on the nesting plank.

Now under trial and I hope if those birds likes them I will be the first to manufacture this interesting idea.

There is nothing better than inventing something new.

You might want to try this but if it works please let me know.

Sent any photos to harryswiftlet@yahoo.com.

(The aluminium foil glued to a piece of wood)



(The raw nest being inseted in between the foil)





(Dried and ready for foil removal)

(Once foil being remove, those glue marks will be cut and removed)





No comments: