Just 6.5 days and the reactivation went smoothly with very little hiccup.
The owner seems to be very happy with what I did and the best is to see more birds entering the two entrance holes.
I told him to stay away from entering his BH for at least two to three months.
The best is to wait for my next inspection.
The list of things that I did for this BH were the followings:
1) Opened the two entrance holes and make both taller and wider.
1A) Installed a hexagonal tweeter with five 2"x5" piezo tweeters about 1.5 feet above the monkey house roof.
2) Installed a new set of external sound tweeters on the entrance holes frames. This time four on each but arranged at the side frames.
3) Installed a 5 foot bazooka tweeters. Main objective was to direct the external sound to the birds flying path.
4) Installed my favourite last tango external sound gadget complete with about 12 power tweeters around the monkey house.
5) Reduce the size of the roving area just below the monkey house.
6) Open a new entrance window connecting the roving to the nesting room.
7) Erected a number of partitions to block those bright light from polluting the nesting room.
8) Installed about 300 internal sound tweeters and most were turned as clusters.
9) Installed about 180 fake nests made of gel, aluminium and styrofoam.
10) Create more 90* corners using wood crossings. Total footage of additional wood was about 250 feet.
11) Installed an auto humidity sensor controlling two chicken coop humidifiers.
12) There were three chandelier tweeters plus three kite tweeters.
13) Installed those perfume containers on the walls of the nesting room.
14) The rooms were sprayed with Mutiara Aroma home made cocktail.
15) Selected the best sound for the BH and three of the best were identified.
16) The BH internal sound were selected too.
17) Allocated a reasonable number of external sound tweeters to pull those swiftlet into the nesting room as soon as they entered the monkey house.
18) All fake nests were laced with specialized aroma to make them smell attractive to swiftlet.
19) For external sound a new solid state amplifier was installed.
20) A cooling fan was made available to cool the amplifiers.
21) Two white light bulbs were also installed closed to the two entrance hole.
22) The walls were painted black to block light from polluting the rooms.
All the above were planned prior to doing the renovation.
They looks simple but it takes a lot of dedication to find the right solution in pulling those swiftlet from the sky into the monkey house and lead them into the nesting room.
My next plan is to get the owner to agree in opening the roof for dual entries system.
He is not very convince that it will work but I told him to trust my words.
"Mr Lee you should be proud of having this BH. I have done the very best and I can easily says that it is the best in Parit Buntar. I mean the interior fittings. Give about 12 months and I think you will have at least 30 nests." I assured him.
I promised to do my inspection once a month help him in carrying out his maintainence for next 6 months.
If you wish to give your BH a new lease of life call Harry at 017 7551318