Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wet Floor System Can Reduce Those Noise From Your Chicken Coop Humidifiers !!!


A BH owner who seems to appreciate my idea of installing those wet floor system in his BH.

"Pak Harry I am of the opinion that by having the wet floor system I can switch of my chicken coop humidifiers.  The only set back is that I need to water the sand every three weeks."

A nice comment made by a BH owner whose BH was revamped by me and my workers about 1.2 years ago.

I remembered designing his BH with two partitions to block those light from the entrance hole area.

The second partition was to create the VIP room.

Inside the room I created a walking path and to both the left and right I created those wet floor system.

What he needed now is to wet the sand on a regular basis.

Initially he uses those auto wetting gadget but it was not properly functioning.

On many occasions the gadget will cause flooding and once that happened his tenant downstairs will be calling for immediate actions.

By adopting manual wetting of the sand every three weeks he can now rest peacefully with no more flooding calls.

One very interesting comment made by him was where those birds prefer to stay.

Nearly 80% of his tenants stays inside the so named VIP room. It was my idea and he thank me for coming out with such a marvellous idea.

"Those swiftlet prefer your VIP room Pak Harry.  I think the like to hide behind the wall which are much darker or perhaps the wet floor provide the coolness and high humidity."

What I did for him was nothing more than doing something that I was cock sure that those birds likes the dark room.

The wet sand not only helps to retain water but when those fresh bird droppings landed on the wet surface they will be wet and emit bird shit aroma.

This natural smell will make your BH smell much better and very attractive to those new swiftlet that entered the BH for the first time.

Another big benefit of using this wet floor system is that the wet sand will not breed mosquito.

All that you need are a roll of plastic sheet, about 15 bags of fine sand and water.

You need to lay the plastic sheet on the floor properly to create something like a pool about 5 inches deep.

Pour those fine sand and level them to about 1 inch thick.

You can than sprinkle those tap water on the sand. Make the sand wet.

It you wanted to add more power to your VIP room try to sprinkle some fresh bird shit on the wet sand.

If you wish to have this idea install please call 017 7551318

No comments: