Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Been Away In Jerantut, Pahang And About To Complete Revamping A BH !!!

By now you can guess why I have not be able to sit down and write for the pass four days.

Yes I was at a site in Jerantut revamping a BH that was recently build with no signs of bird shits in the house.

The owner decided to quickly do something and I was given the tasks to pull those birds inside the BH.

I took up the offer for four very good reasons: 

1) Firstly I wanted to proof my theory about the effect of externals sound that will normally guide those birds to anywhere in a BH if you locate the tweeter properly.

2) My second reason is to proof that if you have more then one VIP rooms in a BH you can easily populate each room by manipulating the internal sound volume in these rooms.

3) My third reason is to locate a new sound that is effective in Jerantut and name it as Super Jerantut.

4) My fourth reason is to prove my theory that have dual entries will give the population growth much faster as compared to single entrance system.

All in all I am very keen to continue with some research works that will helps the swiftlet farming industry.

The owner has been very helpful in my endeavor and on many of the days I was toiling with my workers he was there to hand his hand to finish up those works.

The job took about two weeks and I managed to have two workers at site during the period.  On Monday call for some reinforcement to help in the wiring of more then 250 new tweeters installed.

So far the following were carried out:

a) The BH, initially with one type of entrance hole, now have two entrances.  One the top entry type and the new hole is the side entry.

b) The two entrances were build as such that the birds will not be flying from one hole to the other directly.

c) The number of tweeters to pull the birds from the two entrance holes were increased.

d) Two stainless steel tweeters were installed on each entrance area.  They were directed towards two different direction.

e) A hexagonal tweeter was erected and installed on the top of one of the hole about 2.5 feet on the cement roof top.

f) The BH now has three VIP rooms.  One will be the main room while the two additional will be used to test the preference of the sound volume.

g) The main VIP room was provided with the "Happy Hours Corner" where about 9 external sound tweeters were installed.

h) The renovation works only target the two upper floors.  The lower floors will not be touched.

Result so far:

1) Found a new sound from my sound library that was very effective to get all those birds flying nearby to respond.  I will call this sound as the "SuperJerantut".  The moment the sound was played those birds will flocked to the entrance hole and the hexagonal tweeters.

2) Using the CCTV camera, we can observe those birds in action.  They seem to behave like those young kids going with their parent to a shopping mall and then wanted to get something.  The moment the answer is no they will behave very weir and sensitive.  All we need to do is to find out why they are not flying downward to the VIP room.  Once that is done, use those external sound to guide them to the final destination.

No comments: