Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bentong BH On Generator Unit !!!

Today make my way to Bentong, Pahang to attend to a stress call from a BH owner who happened to build two stand alone BHs deep inside thick jungle about 1 to 3 kilometers from the main road.

One was recently completed while the other need one more months to finish.

I was engaged to provide some professional advises on both units.

The owner hailed from Ulu Tiram Johore but now resided in Puchong, Selangor is very new in swiftlet farming but I think he is infected by "Swiftlet Virus".

He seem to be looking at building at least three more new units and I don't think he will stop after that.

Even with not electricity he put generator set to run his BH.  By the way I was informed that he specializes in the supply and rental of generator set company located in Puchong, Selangor.

The only problem, a very serious matter, is to take every word from him main contractor.

I told him to quickly do the right thing before it is too late.  The completed BH was okay on the building construction however the finishing to pull those birds inside was too loose.

It is like taking your kid on his first day of school without his shoes on, not pants and proper shirt.  Where is his school bag?

"But Harry, my contractor claimed that he have erected many BHs and all of them were doing OK?"

Doing OK might be one nest but he should take over the BH and make the necessary upgrading.

The first signs of something was not tight was when the external sound was so soft and with too much echo. Well it was full to maximum level but the output was too low.

There was no hexagonal tweeter on the rooftop and the number of tweeters in the house was only about 60 (three stories high?).

The first thing that I did was to install a hexagonal tweeter which I happened to carry with me.

Then I swabbed the amplifiers.  I told him that I wanted to ensure that the sound at the entrance hole and the roof top will be loud enought.

The moment I played the Marvelous cloud, those birds were unstoppable.  There were at least 300 birds came from god knows where.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKRbP2JHzeo

The owner was very relieved and I told him there are still a lot of things that his new BH requires.  As far as I am concerned he need to upgrade everything inside and I volunteer to make the BH the best in Bentong.

I hope he accepted my offer.

1 comment:

Ben Gan said...

Hi Harry,
I am wondering why this man chose a site that is without electricity and so deep in the jungle to built his BH. I can't figure out the advantage of doing that. Did he consider the question of security for such a BH?
I think that he will eventually find that such a BH has too many unforeseen problems. What is your view? Cheers!