Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What I Did In Sibu, Sarawak !!!


Arrived in Sibu, Sarawak on Friday 25th, 2010.  Mr Tiong was there waiting for me with his pick up truck.

He told me that in Sibu, every body who owned a pick up truck has at least one BH.  I was not surprised at all.

Met with his Boss Mr Chia and we talked about swiftlet farming.  Tested the round bullet tweeter using his 1st floor office.  Not bat there were a number of birds responded.

Managed to check into Li Hua Hotel located beside the Rajang River (one of the biggest and longest river in Sarawak).

The moment I checked in met an old friend who bought a sizable number of BH equipment for his two new BHs.

Wanted me to have a good look at two of his BHs and I did.

The next day went to Sarikei, another town about 45 minutes drive. I was accompanied by one of my disciple who attended three of my Seminars in Penang and Kuala Lumpur.  He drove all the way from Kuching just to accompany me during my trips.

In Sarikei, met Mr David who was about to put his new BH into operation this coming Tuesday.  I told him about what additional things he need to do.

Came back to Sibu with two more guys waiting for me to purchase a few of my good external sounds.

At night have dinner with Dr. Koh.  He attended my Bintulu Seminar some 8 months back.

The next morning have breakfast with a old friend who operated a BH in town.  He seems to still some nests population problems.

At noon a young man with a huge factory building that was idle.  He was carrying out the revamp operation to turn the idle building into two BHs.  One with the top entry while the other with side entry.

His contractor was around and I advise them to do the needful plus removal of all those walls used as bed rooms for his factory worker.

After lunch hour was invited to a 6 months old BH with only two nests.  Got my thinking cap on and wrote the list of things that he should do.  His BH is a big gold mine, I told him.  What he needed is to quickly upgrade the BH using some new gadget, add some more tweeters and create those VIP rooms.

In the evening met a old friend who handles his Company's project in Papua New Guinea.   He is looking into the possibilities in erecting a BH on those land situated closed to those rivers and coastal areas. His company owned a resort in New Guinea.

Just go to this website and you might want to take a honeymoon holiday there:

URL address: http://www.tufi-experience.com

The following morning managed to meet Mr L who owned the Green BH in Mukah.  Breakfast with him and wife.  Managed to put a few suggessions to increase the nests population.

There were a few interesting things that I discovered during this trip:

1) One BH owner indicated that all those aluminum plate make fake nests using clip-on gadget works very well.  nearly all that he purchased from me were totally taken up.  My advise to him is to add as many as he can.  He can DIY.

2) I tested my Marvelous Cloud at one of the BH converted using a Semi D factory lot located just beside Rajang River were well received by those Swiftlets.  The number of birds responded was simply "Marvelous". This sound do attract those birds of "Foo Chow" origin.

3) Even with many warning from the local authorities is Sarawak, there were many new BH being erected or converted in both Sibu and Sarikei.  The urge to own a BH by every individual is so great and I would say that if you happened to be a Chinese but do not own a BH, you are not qualified to be one.

4) What surprised me is the number of young people going into this BH business.  Nearly 50% who met me in both towns were young people below 50.  Some are very young graduates with only 2-5 years working experiences.  Who said that swiftlet farming is only for those who will retire or retired people?

5) If you are a Sibuan (lived in Sibu), try to take focus on Tanjung Manis.  This particular new town will be better then Mukah.  In a few month there will be a newly constructed bridge linking Sibu to this new place.  It will me another Swiftlet Farming haven soon especially for Sibu people.

6) Rajang river is wide and very long.  To me this water source is a big plus for swiftlet farming.  If you are a Sibu resident and a newbie and wanted to start a successful swiftlet farm, try to locate your BH as closed as you can with this river.  Face your entrance hole towards the river.  If you can trace the river it passes both Sarikei and Sibu town.  All those successful BH are closed to this river or facing it.  Remember water source is vital in swiftlet fooding and water supply.

Welcome to the most exciting industry and I am sure with proper guidance and knowledge the people in Sibu and Sarikei will be successful.

No comments: