Search This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2012

Bruas New BH 200 Nests In Less than 12 months !!!




I was recently invited by a BH owner whose BH was in Bruas Perak to visit and provide some advise on his newly launched BH.

One of the most fascinating thing that happened on my first meeting with him was how accurate were my predictions about his BH.

 We met on last Thursday at Plaza Damas, Bandar Sri Hartamas Kuala Lumpur.

We met for a short period of time to deliver three bags of insect generating powder for his BH.

"Pak Harry I am new in swiftlet farming and I stumbled onto your blog recently.  Been learning a lot of things from your blog and thank you very much."

I asked him how big was his BH and how many birds were inside.

"A three stories high with about 200 nests and most of the nests were on the lowest floor." he answered.

The moment he indicated that nearly all the nests were on the lowest floor I asked him if I can tell him four reasons why they are on the lowest floor:

1) One of your entrance hole is facing the east. (I was right)

2) Your BH Lubang Antara Lantai (LAL) were in a straight line where those birds can fly from the monkey house to the lowest floor with little problem. (I was also right)

3) You top floors must be a bit to bright and with no partitioning. (Perfectly accurate)

4) Both your internal and external sounds are attractive. (Confirmed after I visited the BH).

When these four reasons were posted to him he nodded his head and confirmed that all the above were right.

"Pak Harry what you predicted were all right.  You have never visited my BH but you perfectly described all those things."

That was how he make up his mind to invite me to his BH.

"I really need your opinions on what corrective measures I can adopt so that my BH will be filled up to the maximum within the shortest possible time."

On Saturday September 2nd 2012 I made his wish come true.

I happened to be in Perak and went to have a look at his BH.

The best was to confirm my prediction.

A well designed BH using those monkey house design.

There were two entrance holes and one of them were facing the morning sun.

The second hole was facing the North.

The positioning of the two LALs were as per my prediction.  This particular design allows the birds to have little difficulties to find their way down.

The top most floor was too bright and those birds will feel very unsafe to build their nests.

The internal sound used was very much similar to my SuperBabyKing.

The external sound was similar to an old Melody which I first got to know many years ago.

After the brief visit I told the owner that his BH is doing pretty well and when he needed to add are:

1) Some partitions to create those VIP rooms on each floor.

2) Increase the number of crossing on the ceilings.

3) Put more internal sound tweeters.

4) Try to use those kite tweeters on each VIP room.

5) He need to install a few humidifiers to wet the BH floors and walls.

6) If I were him I will try the wet floor system in one of the VIP rooms.

I took some time to adjust the amplifiers settings.

Nearly all the setting of the three amplifiers were not properly set.

He was so delighted after listening to my comments and I am pretty sure he will carry out my recommendations to improve his nests population.

Those of you who own BHs and doing well or likewise, you can improve your BH nests population by adopting my recommendations.

If you need any help please call 017 7551318

No comments: