Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Three Visitors From Surat Thani, Thailand !!!


I was very surprised to receive a group of Swiftlet Farming enthusiasts from Thailand.

This particular group, consisted of three expatriates, originated from Holland, New Zealand and Australia.

Yes they were originated not from any Asian countries but from .....

They are whites and all three married to Thai ladies.

It was not my intention to say that swiftlet farming is only for Asians but for everybody indeed.

The three flew in from Surat Thani, Thailand and I picked them up at LCCT yesterday, late afternoon.

I was very surprised and keep telling myself that this is very very unusual.

Base on my record I think there was one more Dutch guy who has his BH on Lombok Island.

After getting their names I took them to a BH in Hulu Langat, Selangor.

My main reason was to show them a three stories BH that was recently put into operation and the owner now is using those insect generating system to get more birds into his BH.

We were given the permission to enter the BH only to view the lowest floor.

The three was very excited to look at the internal designs especially the positions of the two LAL which was in a straight row.

The VIP room was their next unheard of before.

The floor was with those insect generating system and it smells a bit pungent.

The nesting planks orientation was unique according to them.

The next important thing to look at were the orientation of those tweeters.

They also surveyed two barns that were erected to breed insects and young birds.

After the short trip I took them to a Hotel closed to my house.

The day ended with a heavy meal at a shop closed to the hotel and I was up with them until 10:30pm.

It was a heavy day I did my best to explain to them all the things that I they need to prepare when building their BHs.

The next day I took some time to show them all the gadgets that I feel they should looked at and soon after we went to Kepong KIP to view another BH that have lots of birds inside.

The moment I entered I told them to be quite and wait until those birds flew out.

I showed them the new amplifiers, the VIP rooms, the wet floor system, the fake nests installation, the insect generation system.

All in all they got what they came down for.

They will be leaving tomorrow and I wish them the best.

A very interesting group of Amoh who wanted to own one BH each.

No comments: