Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Insect Generation In A Small Scale !!!


During my last trip to Kelantan I was with one of my blog reader who operates a BH nearby where we met.

He was the one who brought those Musang King durian as a special gift for helping him with a number of advices that works.


During our conversation he asked me is if there was any new idea that might help him with his BH.

"Hmm why don't you look into insect breeding?"  I told him.

Initially he thought I was joking but after looking at my expression and my explanation he became very keen to start one.

"I give you this new idea that can help you to test my idea.  Take a few loaf of gardenia breads, a tin of condense milk and some water."

What should I do with it?

"Mix them up and put in inside your BH."

I reaffirmed that I have tried before in a small scale and it works.

Okay Pak Harry I will try.


After trying the formulation for one week he could not get those insects  to breed. It was too early.

He called on a number of occasions and I keep telling him to continue trying but this time perhaps get some fruits like pineapple or banana into the BH.

Today he send some photos and sms messages.

Pak Harry at last those breads & condense milk start to show lots on maggots.

What he did was to add a few pieces of those ripe bananas into the bread mixture.

This is something new.  I did not ask him to mix the ripe fruit into the bread soup but he did it on his own.  This creative idea help in creating a new formulation that might be useful to all swiftlet farmers.

You need to put a lot of water Pak Harry.

The bread must be soaked properly until they are soft.

The best he said was his introduction of ripe bananas.

It was after getting those bananas into the mixture the maggots started to show signs.

He got his free breads from a coffee shop which normally will throw away the end and the front of those bread loafs. (Another creative method to obtain free discarded bread).

Well those of you who wanted to breed these drosophila in a small scale please try the new formula.

I do not promise anything but for testing purpose it is okay.

For me if you wish to go on a larger scale use my insect generating powder.

Call 017 7551318 for more details.






No comments: