Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2012

A New Swiftlet Hotspot Called Chiku Kelantan !!!



"Pak Harry Kuala Krai is no longer the hot spot for swiftlet farming in Kelantan.  The hottest spot for now is at a very small town called Chiku located between Gua Musang and Kuala Krai."

That was the exact word from a new friend met at Kota Baru during my September 2012 trip.

The moment the word got into my mind I became very curious about this small town.

Three days ago while on my way to Bachok from Kuala Lumpur, about 8 hours drive, I wanted to find this so called hot spot and hopefully with satisfy my desire to see the action.

Checked on my iPhone, there was a word called Chiku but when I zoomed in it was just palm oil plantation.

While driving closed to this particular palm oil area I saw a shell petrol station on the left side of the road.

"I need to ask someone in the petrol station where this Chiku town is". I told myself.

Oh yes it was about 50 meters away from the petrol station to the left.

The moment I turned to this small road there seems to be some swiftlet activities.

Most of the BH was on the right hand side of the road.

I droved deeper into the town and make a U turn to drive closer to a cluster of BHs on one of the side road.

Hmm not that bad.

There were at least 15-20 BH in operation.

Most of them were 3 stories high.

Out of the 15-20 only 5 were with heavy activities on their rooftops.

The rest as usual very little movements and many with no sounds.

Have a look at some of the pictures taken.

Maybe you should try to stop bye if you ever take a drive to Kelantan from Kuala Lumpur Via Raub Pahang.












No comments: