Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2012

Myth: The Light At The Entrance Hole Prevent Those Owls From Entering ???


A typical myth about the use of light at the entrance hole of your BH.

"If you install those bright light at night just outside the entrance hole will keep those owl away."

Totally not true.

I have photos to prove to you all that the use of light will not stop those owl from entering your BH entrance hole.

While installing those nesting planks and sound system at Bachok Kelantan BH I found out that the owl markings were all over the floor especially in the monkey house area.

The entrance hole was already installed with a light bulb and will be on from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm.

During my presence at the location I have the opportunity to watch how these owl entered the BH for about a few minutes and later flew out to hunt for food.

This BH was new with no sound system and not a single nest.

What do you think they came in for?

From what I can think off, they came in for a few reasons.

The first was because they wanted to throw both their shit and vomit those clump of left overs skin & bones.

I believed once they consume their favourite food (usually rats) the will swallow whole.

Once that is done the juice inside their stomach will dissolve those flesh but the skin and bones have to be remove by vomiting.

Their shit seems to be made of whitish colored materials.

Once they have done this particular session they will start their hunting work.

Everyday they will do the same thing.

If there are baby birds inside your BH, I am sure they will clean them up for you.

Today my staff called and indicated to me that they have captured one of the owl.

They are as big as a large sized chicken.

Pak Harry what are we going to do with it?

I have not decided but I wish I could roast it and have it as a meal.

Something like roast chicken.

No comments: