At last the revamp works in Taiping Perak were completed and handed over to the owner.
During dinner time the owner was sitting beside me and I can see his wide smile every time we talk about his BH.
"Pak Harry I got more than what I expected from you and your workers. Thank you very very much for all the efforts that you put to revamp my sick BH." he commented a number of times.
I replied to him that I also did much more than what I recommended in my visit report.
I added a new Tecnik amplifier for him, installed those corner covers, rearrange his tweeters, apply specialized aroma and a few more things.
I took almost 7 days to remodel the BH and now it looks more like a real BH.
What I did was more like turning around my own BH.
I was there nearly every day except one day when I need to pick up some corner covers in Kuala Lumpur.
Among the many things that were done inside this BH were:
1) Clearing of a tree that was blocking the entrance hole.
2) Enlarged the main entrance hole. (A top entry)
3) Relocated the main door from the roving area into the nesting room.
4) The flying path of any bird that enter the BH shall be driven towards the staircase (LAL).
5) Each floor now were properly partitioned creating the right room sizes for those birds to feel safe and hidden.
6) The ground floor main VIP room was installed with two wet floor system.
7) The nesting planks were vacuumed to remove those fungus and wiped with specialized cleaning water.
8) A number of corner covers were installed creating the so called cluster corners.
9) All those internal sound tweeters were rearranged on these cluster corners to create cluster tweeters.
10) A reasonable numbers of fake nests were installed to trap those young birds.
11) All fake nests installed were applied with specialized nesting plank pheromone.
12) A total of 40 containers were installed and filled with raw nests water to form a hanging garden.
13) Each VIP room were installed with not less than two kite tweeters.
14) To attract more birds to the BH rooftop a hexagonal tweeter was installed at the top entry hole area.
15) The last tango tweeters consisting of two set of power tweeters were also installed.
16) This BH got my blessing to use a new amplifier with six outlets.
17) The owner decided to install a four channelled CCTV system.
18) Managed to convince the owner to install those wind turbines to extract those hot air trap below the zinc roof. Initially it was one unit but now wanted to increase to a total of 4 units.
19) The light from those improper blockage of all ventilation holes were arrested.
20) Tweeters inside this BH now were properly distributed to about 5 cables (internal sound) and 4 cables (external sound). Each line being labelled and now we can easily control which tweeters to be higher or lower volume.
One of the most valuable comment made by the owner was about how much he learned from me during every session that he met me during my renovation works.
"Pak Harry every night after I spoke to you I will record your explanations so that it can be used for my future reference. They were very valuable and I don't think anyone in this swiftlet industry is willing to share with BH ownesr." His interesting comment.
To me this is just a small part of my life to help those who were helpless due to some unscrupulous consultant who short change the owner.
I felt very sad when the owner showed me some of those photos taken during construction stage.
The contractor used those nesting planks to support the walls and most of the time they were left in the open. Rain or shine the planks were exposed to the environment.
That might be a very good reason nearly 70% of his BH nesting planks were with those white coloured dust which looks more like "Fungus".
I just hope that all my contribution to revamp his BH will pull those birds back into the house.