Search This Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Taiping BH Revamp Works About To Finish !!!

(Durian Tree D24 blocking the entrance hole)

At first it was just a courtesy visit.

After the short visit I recommended some ideas on what I thought the problems with his BH.
(It was trim down)

Once the owner read my recommendations he quickly asked me to mobilize myself and staff to Taiping, Perak.
(From another angle)

I started working at site on Monday March 4th

2013 and just four days we are now looking at a brand new BH with those birds started to fly it
(during testing operation).

The first thing I did was to trim a D24 durian tree blocking the entrance hole.

"Pak Harry I have only two D 24 and it is a pity that you need to trim it down." he was commenting about his two durian trees.

After that was done I got my two workers to open the main entrance hole (top entry) to make it larger.

Due to the roof restriction I managed to enlarge by about 30%.

The next task was to re arrange the partition around the pool below the top entry hole.

Previously the so called "Consultant" erected four walls with a small opening, 2 feet wide,  at the most difficult location for those birds to enter the BH.

I told the owner that if his BH continues with the orientation no bird will enter his BH.

We need to ensure that the flight path from the entrance hole into the nesting rooms be smooth with little restrictions or sharp corners.

That was completed within half a day.  Now it looks more professional and more like a BH, he said.

My priority after that was to install the necessary tweeters around the opening.

I decided to install one hexagonal tweeter, four power tweeters and two sets of "Last Tango" Tweeters.

After installing these main attraction tweeters its looks marvellous and perfect.

"Wow Pak Harry, this is awesome.  I am sure those birds will easily locate my BH entrance hole."  comment made by the owner.

Once that was done I told myself to focus on how to drag those birds into the nesting rooms especially on the ground floor.

I need to reduce their chance of visiting only the top floor but guide them to fly to the lower floor.

A box was created around the LAL/staircase area with a small door to allow maybe about 20% to fly on the top floor nesting rooms.

It looks great and after those external sound tweeters on the door frames and along the staircase it looks perfect.

I make a point to think as if I am the bird that enter this BH and with these walls and tweeters arrangement I have little choices but to fly down.

My main reason to push those birds downstairs was mainly due to its larger space, cooler, darker and higher humidity.  Its the most perfect place to stay in this BH, trust me.

I need to do something with the nesting planks.

They look not that cleaned and some being infested with fungus.

I took the trouble to drive back to Kuala Lumpur office to fetch a few gadgets that will help on my next stage to complete this BH.

So far the owner felt very happy with the workmanship plus a few additional works that was never planned for.

Tomorrow I will be back in Taiping from Kuala Lumpur.  Might start as early as 5:00 am to be at site before 8:30am.

Will report more once I am back from Taiping soon.



















No comments: