Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2013

My Main Objective Is To Get Those Swiftlet To The Ground Floor !!!


My latest revamp project starting today March 14th 2013 is somewhere in Dengkil, Selangor.

This three stories BH about 25' X 80' X 3 stories was in operation mode for about 8 months and the number of nest is below 2 digits.

I happened to receive a call from the owner and he claimed that he did attend my Swiftlet farming seminar conducted at Concord Hotel Shah Alam Selangor about a year ago.

I paid a short visit to the BH and discovered that his BH do have a number of bird shit spots however they seems to prefer a corner on the top most floor closed to the entrance hole area.

"I have a very strong feeling that your BH main entrance hole is facing the west." I predicted.

The owner used his mobile phone to check my prediction and I was right.

After receiving my visit report plus my job in Taiping the owner wanted me and my workers to move in as soon as I can.

Today I managed to get my two workers in and we started the renovation works as requested.

I told the owner that my main objective is to move as many tenants as possible to the lowest floor.

The first thing to do was to open an additional entrance hole facing some what to the east.

The second thing that I needed to do was to get these birds from the monkey house roving areas into the BH nesting room hall and direct their fly path towards the LAL.

If they can be directed I am sure they will have a strong chances to fly down to the middle floor.

What I planned to do was to enclose the LAL as such that those birds will be block to fly any other way into their nesting rooms unless they fly above the hole.

Once that is completed I will look into the next step as to how to guide them to the ground floor.

Another interesting task and I am sure it will be something similar to the top most floor.

My toughest job now is to do away with the roof erected above the monkey house.

The owner got those zinc roof saddle on those wood frames.

Have been searching for the entrance hole to the rooftop the whole day and hola I finally saw the entrance hole about 2'X2' wide.

Went up to the rooftop and survey the area.

This Satuday and Sunday the roof will be taken down.

I am sure once the roof area of the Monkey house is cleared I can install a number of tweeters to attract more birds to the BH.

Tomorow will get a long range bazooka to site and by Monday it will be functioning.

I am very glad on this new experience.  I hope this BH will be on its normal track once modified.











No comments: