Search This Blog

Friday, March 22, 2013

They Have Started To Come And Stays !!!




I was not very surprised when my workers informed me that the number of birds entering this newly revamped BH at Denkil Selangor increased by 200 percent.

"Pak Harry, last night the number of birds that entered the BH was 15 as compared to only 5 the day before."

I was surprised with the development since we have not yet finish with our revamping works.

The wiring of internal and external sound tweeters on the lowest floor were not completed.

Two wet floors on the lowest floor were yet to be installed.

The VIP room on the lowest floor was not even started.

The last tango sound system was not even wired properly.

The use of nesting planks hormone and walls aroma were still keep on hold until this Friday.

The fake nests were not in place as planned before.

What ever the numbers I would count the blessing.

I am very sure that all those birds that visited this BH during our testing hours will eventually be staying at this BH.

There is no reason to fly back to their houses since this BH unit is nearer to where they can find food.

I hope it will be totally be completed by Saturday March the 23 rd 2013.

I will be very happy to adopt this BH as my research centre.

One special thing that I did with this BH was to create a "Release Room" for young birds.

There is a strong possibility of having UPM to conduct their research about releasing young birds and see if they will return home.

This special room is on the ground floor and closed proximity with the data room.

It has a simple door and a window.  The walls were fitted with a row of nesting planks mounted with plastic fake nests, about 20 pieces, to house those young birds ready to take their first flight.

Each bird will be fitted with a coloured marker at their leg.  There is a possibility that these markers will be with some kind of tracking devise.

I will be very happy to share any outcome once the test is conducted.

Let us pray that this research works will benefit all of us.

No comments: