Search This Blog

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Someone From Kentucky USA Wanted To Know If He can Start Swiftlet Farming There !!!



A very interesting call from a Malaysian who settled in USA.

This morning I was on the way to meet a blog reader who came from Makassar, Sulawesi Indonesia.

I was half way when a call from Kentucky USA came to my mobile phone.

"If this Mr Pak?" his first qestion.

Yes this is Pak Harry.  What can I do for you?

"Mr Pak I have been following your blog and I now resided in Kentucky USA.  This was where Kentucky Fried Chicken originated.  I came to study here about ten years ago and now I am on a green card."

"May I know whether I can start swiftlet farming in Kentucky?  You see over here the land cost are cheap or much much cheaper as compared to land in Malaysia."

I smiled at myself and I wish he knows about swiftlet farming more.

My answer to him was:

I don't think these swiftlet birds that build their nests using their saliva are available in Kentucky.  They are normally found only in South East Asia and maybe Hainan, Ceylon and southern part of India.

Not to make him loose hope I told him to perhaps carry out some sound test.

Use this sound call Duress and see if there are any response.

If the sound received some response than you will be the first to start swiftlet farming in USA.

This might be a historical landmark in swiftlet farming, I told him.

I invite him to visit me when he comes back for holidays.

He claimed to be raised in Port Dickson N9.

No comments: