Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Big BH With Two Entrance Holes Facing The Same Direction !!!




I was told that BHs in Tawau are gigantic.

After completing the first BH in Tawau, Sabah, I was taken to this huge BH (120' X 40'X 2 stories

The owner was complaining that after more then 2 years the nests number was not to his high expectation.

There were lots of bird shit spots however many dried up.

I took a few pictures and would like to share with all my blog readers.

The BH was on a hill facing a kind of valley and you can see the ocean from its location.

There were four BHs about 200 to 500 feet from the BH and two of the four were doing well.

My informer told me that this BH was erected by the same consultant who owned the BHs below.

What makes me a bit do not like about the BH was that it has two separate data rooms with two amplifiers each.  One playing internal while the other playing external sound.

It does not make sense to me to run one BH with two data rooms that are about 40 feet apart.

This BH adopted the same cement block as its nesting planks.

The owner recently erected many new partition walls and it become like a lost valley if you are not careful.

There were a sizable number of nests inside but they were scattered all over the nesting rooms.

Main target was the top floor.

Since those nests were scattered all over you feel that the BH is not doing well.

To me it will be better to get your tenants to stay inside a selected room and not all over the place.

I told the owner he can do that if he knows how to use different sounds volume and perhaps the super pheromone.

He should get some new sounds to pull those swiftlet generated by his neighbour.

He should also know how to select the right sound volume.

I did introduce to him the proper use of the Super Pheromone inside his BH.

As long as his neighbour is not using the same aroma he should be able to bring across those young birds.

My idea of starting those insect generating system was thrown to him.

If he wanted more birds to come to his BH he should look into insect generation system.

Those steel walkways installed inside the monkey house roving areas can be a very good place to set the insect breeding food.

I was not very happy with the way the monkey house top looks like.

There was nothing to attract those wild birds except a few tweeters installed at the entrance hole.

He should get at least one hexagonal tweeter for each entrance hole.

I hope I will be able to visit his BH again but in the meantime I will be advising my contact person to convey my recommendations.



No comments: