Search This Blog

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Kinarut Stand Alone BH Doing Exceptionally Well !!!


On February 16th 2014, I visited this BH owned by one of my friend/agent from Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.

He was very lucky to have met me before erecting this BH.

The moment he got my attention he engaged me to help with the site inspection, design, and help during the BH erection.

Along the way he made some changes here and there but he will always call me for some advise.

He told about 8 months to out this BH into operation and on June 15, 2012 the BH was put into operation.

Every  time I drop by in Kota Kinabalu I will insist to inspect it.

Now after about 19 months the nests number hit about 300 nests and based on my estimate the total number of birds staying inside is around 900 birds.

What I planned works.

One good example was the use of fake nests.

I also feels that the number of internal sound playing tweeters helps to bring in more birds.

He used my internal and external sounds.

Nearly 50% of nests inside were associated or on those fake nests.

About 40% are at 90* corners and only 10% were on flat plank surfaces.

His next step is to look into the followings:

1) To double the nests population from 300 nests to 600 within the next 12 months or shorter period.

2) He need to improve nests number that are on those fake nests and 90* corners.  By doing so he will be able to harvest a better valued nests.

3) He need to push those birds to built their nest with 180* shape.  There must be a way to do it and he need to carry out some ideas that I brought with me.

I assured him that his BH now is on the right track and he should continue to look after it properly.

It should be properly maintained.

Those cockroaches , ants, beetles, ticks, spider, house lizards and geckos need to be eliminated.

Try to make sure both the internal and external sound plays all the scheduled time.

Check and be alert on any attack by owls.

Remove those bird shits on the floor on a regular basis.

My biggest recommendation to him was to regularly use the "Super Pheromone" as per my instructions.

My requirement is for him to deploy at least one canister per visit.

Spray on all those markings and make sure that every time he harvest the base on the nesting planks are sprayed.

My gut feeling is that he might accelerate the nests population within the next few months.

Remember he wanted his nests population to double up within 12 months.

If he followed the above steps he might doubled within 6 months.

During my visit I located the right room to apply those liquid pheromone.

I stressed that if he can cleaned the planks with mild salt water and once dried apply a layer of liquid pheromone.

If those swiftlet species are attracted to the smell they might start use those flat areas.

This will be help to get more 180* shape nests.

I plan to visit this BH within the next few months.

Those who are keen to learn on the best way to use the pheromone please contact 017 7551318017 7551318.














No comments: