Search This Blog

Friday, February 7, 2014

An Exciting 3 Weeks From Monday Feb 10th Till Perhaps Early March 2014 !!!


Got a number of calls and email from a number of BH owners this few days.

First was from a BH owner from Kuantan whose BH is in Lukut, Port Dickson.

Never met him before but he got my contact number from a friend, he said.

The owner wanted me to view his 3 stories stand alone BH with about 15 nests after three years into operation.

He wanted me to be at his BH on February 10th 2014.

My next interesting activity will be on February 11th and 12th, 2014.

Received a short message from a Local University asking me to join a kind of a "Swiftlet Workshop".

The first day will be participating in a talk on swiftlet farming and on the second day I will be taken together with the rest to view a BH.

The interesting part of this exercise is that most of the participants are students and lecturers from a faculty spearheading with research in swiftlet farming.

I told the person who invited me that I will be very happy to help in their research operations and hopefully their findings will be useful to the industry.

I plan to put a small presentation to them about what I called "Swiftlet Farming: The Neglected Industry".

My main aim is to stimulate a kind of interest on what can done to promote the industry like other industries example Fish (LKIM), Palm Oil (MPOB) and others.

Immediately after the two days I will be getting ready to fly to Sabah.

The first three days will be in Kota Kinabalu and there will be at least four BHs to be visited.

I have visited all the four BHs before but this stop over visit is to evaluate their progress and hopefully can provide some new ideas on how they can push their nests population up.

From February 17th till 19th 2014, I will be in Tawau, a town about 35 minutes flight from Kota Kinabalu.

There are three BHs that I scheduled to visit.

I have never visited the three before and I hope my visit report will be a good tool for the owners to do something about their BHs.

A newbie who wanted to start his own BH wanted my personal tips on how to be a successful BH operator.

On Feb 19th evening I plan to fly out of Tawau to Sandakan, about 30 minutes flight from Tawau.

There are at least 4 BH owners who wanted to meet me for a cup of coffee.

Out of the 4, one wanted my service to view his slow moving BH.

Once completed and return home I have to fly out to Kuala Trengganu to help 4 BH owners who have some difficulties to populate their BHs.

I am sure I will be exhausted after the third week.

The key point here is that there will be a lot of new stories to be written and share with all my blog readers.

Please pray that I am healthy and well.

Recently took up this morning and evening walk, 4 kilometers a day.

Those who are from the above named places please call me for a cup of coffee.

017 7551318

No comments: