Search This Blog

Thursday, February 6, 2014

What Else You Can Do To Boost Your BH nests !!!


(Diaphragm Pump)

Assuming that you have applied the "super pheromone" and your BH performance now is way better than prior to this, what else can you do?

I am talking about your next action plan.

After proving that those swiftlet in your area love the product and they keep coming in and populate your BH at a unusual rate, are there any other methods to get more of them?

My answer is yes but I cannot confirm my finding until March 10th 2014.

During the CNY I was a bit restless and wanted to try this idea that came to me about 2 weeks prior to the CNY.

What came to my mind was to install a diaphragm pump that is set to operate about three times a week.

This pump will suck the pheromone liquid and push it through about 10 spray nozzles.

The nozzles will be installed about 10 inches below the nesting planks.

Each time the pump operated it will push out about 1 liter of the liquid pheromone.

Every week I need to use about 3 liters.

If I should visit this BH three to four weeks from the installation I need at least 12 liters.

Hmm.... so I got into thinking of buying a container about 20 liters capacity and get about 5 liters of the pheromone and add about 15 liters of water.

That will last for at least 7 weeks.

The installation went well and I will inspecting the effect during my next trip to the BH.

Any good news will be shared with you all and if you happen to have a better idea please share with me.

Email your idea on how to apply the liquid pheromone inside your BH.


No comments: