Search This Blog

Thursday, February 20, 2014

I Let The Owner Do The Cleaning And Aroma Application !!!



One very important lesson to ensure that a sick BH can be cured at a much faster rate is to get the owner to do the necessary upgrading operation.

Once they got directly involved they can be proud once the results arrived.

This was what happened at this wooden BH at Papar, Sabah.

Upon reaching the BH, we inspect the BH together and I do the selection of where to apply those liquid pheromone.

The best would be inside one of the two rooms that shows lots of bird shit spots signs on the floor.

If must be where they like to hide and the darkest areas.

We then prepared a mild salt water solution and soaked a few rags into it.

The soaked rags were squeezed to make it a bit dry.

The owner volunteered to be the cleaner.

I told him where to start and up to where it should be cleaned.

A fan was used to dry up the plank.

I warned him to be careful with those tweeters connectors.  The salt water if in contact with the connectors they will corrode the wires.

After the cleaning operation was completed I showed him how to apply those liquid pheromone.

One layer will do and they must be applied smoothly.

He took about one hour to finish applying about 10'X10' ceiling areas.

While he does the cleaning and application of pheromone I checked the sound system and tested a few new sounds.

The old sound he used was Pukau 2, but I decided to change the old sound go something new that I when played it bring lots of birds into the roving area.

I combined two special sounds both showing a very strong potential.

The two were "Super Vac and Super TGI".

After cleaning, application of the aroma, changed of external sounds, and spraying of wall's aroma, I told him to allow the BH to run for at least 2 months.

Try to stay away for 2 months and after that period he can inspect for any changes in the nest counts.

It will be something that I am looking forward for the changes.

In the meantime I told him allocate some budget to perhaps rent a backhoe to open a pond.

The pond should be about the size of a badminton court but the bun surrounding it must be about 4-5 feet.

He can plant some figs trees on them.

The ponds will attract more birds to visit his BH.

They can drop by for a drink or search for insect generated from it.

My strong believed is that water can make a big different to a BH.

It usually have a positive effects.


(Owner applying liquid pheromone himself)
 

No comments: