Search This Blog

Saturday, August 10, 2013

What I Did Inside The Maran BH !!!



 (Maran BH ready to tango)

This will be something secret but I think to share a secret is something special.

I did not mentioned it to the BH owner however one day I am sure he will discovered it himself.

When ever I can when I do any revamp works I will try to test something new that I recently discovered.

While working on Maran BH I got this weird ideas which I think will not harm the BH but if it works it will bring more benefits than harm.

What I did were the followings:

1) Mating Sound.

Have you ever heard the sound of swiftlet mating. 

The sound they make is very weird and distinctive.

A bit more like a crow sound to me. 

I accidentally discovered the sound and I think I have seen and heard the swiftlet making love.

In Maran BH I allocated about 6 2"x5" tweeters dedicated to a line and an amplifier.

I asked my workers to connect the line to the amplifier with the swiftmate sound.

I played it on a 24 hours basis and only in one of the VIP room.

Let see if the result will be good for us to move to the next level.

2) Anti Stress Powder.

While browsing a shop selling BH items I saw this bag of white powder with a label called anti stress. 

The manufacturer is a laboratory in Surabaya under Fatich Marzuki team of researchers.

What I told my self was to buy two bags and apply at Maran BH.

If Pak Fatick who came out with the powder there must be something interesting if it works.

It smell a bit like prawn paste (belachan) and all that we need to do is to wet the floor a couple of times and let it dry.

Once dried sprinckle a bag (about 1/2 a kg) onto the floor (vip room).

The smell generated will make your visitors feel less stress.

In actual sense Pak Fatick recommend the use of this powder inside your BH once you conduct your harvest. 

Those birds that have lost their nests will usually feel a bit stress and the smell from the powder will help them to feel more relax.

3) Two types of Nesting planks aroma.

I brought with me two types of aroma to test.

I cleaned the dirty nesting planks with water added with salt and fermented raw nests and once dried I applied the two aromas.

I split the application to the upper most floor one type of aroma while the middle floor was with the second aroma.

4) The BH humidity.

Installed two chicken coop humidifiers controlled by humidity sensor gadget.

One inside vip room on the top most most and the other inside vip on the middle floor.

The ground floor has its own 2 wet floors each one in the two VIP room.

5) Two set of external sounds:

The BH came with two entrance holes.  One with top entry (at the back) and one with side entry (facing the front).

The side entry was for the top most floor while the top entry for the middle and ground floors.

The two have two separate sets of external sounds.

The best was a new sound played at the side entry called "The Red Beans".

For the back I choose those Selking and SuperVac.

6) The owl protection systems:

Three different types of owl preventions.

The first is the electrical shock wires, the second was a spring loaded clamp system and the third was the spikes on the window frame.

The clamp proof to be very effective.

Caught one owl during our stay at the BH.

7) Internal sound tweeters total was 750 pieces.

I planned for 500 pieces however after completing two of the floors I found that 500 pieces about 250 per floor were taken.

My workers have to salvage the old tweeters to make up the shortages.

8) Hexagonal tweeters:

Each entrance hole was fitted with a hexagonal tweeter with an aluminum pole of about 3.5 feet.

Due to the roof design and its height I need to push the hexagonal height higher than usual.

Main point was to push the two external sounds so that it will attract all those young birds generated by my neighbor's BHs.


Let see what happen after three months or so.

No comments: