Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2007

Got Two New Books On Swiftlet Farming !!!


One of the best way to improve your knowledge in this unique business is to have as many reference books as possible.

So far I have collected three but yesterday a dear friend who was away in Bali, Indonesia brought back a suprise.

He bought me two Indonesian Language books on swiftlet farming.

They are:

1) Mengais Keuntungan dari Usaha Budidaya Sarang Burung Walet by Totok Sudarto and

2)Budidaya Sarang Walet by Setyo Wibiwo.


Been reading them and found it very refreshing and interesting.

The new terms that I got from both books is the word " Fooding Bahaviour".

This new term, very new to me, is used to describe the eating pattern of swiftlets once it fly out of its nest.

You will be suprised to know that they have a specific pattern that U have never heard of. They actually move from one location to another depending on the hours of the day.

Well if U are suprised I am too ........

Will finish reading and perhaps share with all of U who appreciate my blog. he he he.....

PS: I will translate the two books into English and will make available to anyone who are keen to read them. The cost to translate will be announced once the task is done. So if your are keen to have a copy please PM to harryswiftlet@yahoo.com for a copy

No comments: