Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2007

Swiftlets City Birdhouse Complex at Sungai Rambai.



This is something which I think no one will ever report on the web.

As a Good Samaritan, I would like to share this special picture and report to all bird enthusiasts.

Along the way to Kuala Lumpur from Kuala Selangor, I came across this colorful building that is something like Institute Lim Kok Wing but it turned out to be a swiftlet complex that will turn your head around.



The complex is situated at Sungai Rambai about 5 kilometers to Batang Berjuntai Township.

I was driving my car and when I saw this weird, colorful building and those ventilation holes on the walls. I predicted that it got to be a birdhouse.

Well I slammed on the car break and immediately make a U turn straight into the compound.

The security guard was a very friendly Indian male and he allowed us to park inside the 4 1/2 acres land.

At the front, there were two 40 feet by 80 feet by 3 stories high birdhouses. In between there seem to be an office about 15 feet by 80 by 2 stories high. It might be a swiftlets breeding center, I suspected.

Just after these two birdhouse, there is a car park facing another building that seen to look like a training center on the upper floor and a restaurant on the ground floor.



We drove till the back and there was a much larger car park at the back. The rooms at the back of the restaurant seem to be rooms occupied by their workers.

We quickly snapped some pictures and post at this blog.

No comments: