Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Another Interesting Story: A Broken Relationship (missed by 1 cm)!!!

I met a lady birdhouse enthusiast a few weeks back.

She was frantically is distressed and I begin to understand why.

It was all about a broken relationship (closed to) with a childhood friends just because their BH was not doing well.

Well the story was like this:

Both of them went into a venture in swiftlet farming about one year ago and after 6 months they were in a very big dilemma where the BH was not showing a fair result.

They did exactly the same like many others. Give the BH key to their so call "Consultant" and let him managed to the best that he could.

After reading my blog, they become inquisitive and started to pay some attention to the house.

They keep asking the "Consultant" on why their BH was not as good as their neighbor and so on.

What happened next was the last straw. The "Consultant" move out of town.

This unforeseen action makes both of them loose their confident. This eventually led to a very strained relationship just because their BH was not progressing very well.

I can see their body language and I have a very strong feeling the partner blamed the other party who dragged her into such a venture.

What I did was just to provide my honest opinions on the BH status.

Once arrived I took great pain to observe what the house were lacking and to my surprise the BH was well done. Better then the one in Raub. Fine and well thought off except for some minor issues.

This was the first BH that installs a kind of additional nesting platform about 30cm width and all along the BH walls. They have a roof to cover those birdshit from any nest above. Another marvelous idea to increase the nesting area in a BH especially those that are full to the maximum.

After closing those ventilation holes, I advised her last week, the room temperature and humidity were perfect.

I took lots of time to study the house condition and played a few new sounds that I brought along with me.

At around 5 to 6 pm have a good look on the flight path. Yes there were a number of birds passing by above the BH. Looks good but not as good as that in Kota Bahru.

After the long visit, I confessed to them that the BH was well done and there were birds flying above them. They only problem that they have is how to lure those birds into their BH.

Well I promised to prepare a short recommendation and provide a few new sounds that I got in my collection.

I am very sure there is a very good chance to pull those birds into theirs.

Soon after, I saw some change in the way they talked to each other.

They feel much better and there are some light in the horizon.

I just hope they will stick together as a good friend forever and do not let the BH be the cause of loosing someone that you know from young.

I am quite sure that my soft assurance has changed their stand on their swiftlet farming decision. They did the right thing but they choose the wrong person to be their "Consultant".

No comments: