Search This Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2008

See More Activities In Your BH With Your CCTV Camera !!!

The use of modern technologies in your BH do give you lots of advantages as compared to conventional methods of visual inspection.

If you install those cameras, you will be able to have a better view of what is happening in you BH direct from your home or perhaps in your data room.

You can now restrict your routine inspection to maybe once a month while you can take a look internally everyday with those CCTV cameras.

You also get the benefits to view your tenants after 4.00pm without entering your BH.

I love to conduct my monthly tenant count from say 6.30pm to 7.50 pm. Using CCTV I can visualise those birds coming in and out of the entrance hole. The number added will let me know if my BH is doing alright or not.

After my stock take activities I love to switch the other cameras to watch how these swiftlets stays while they are back after those tiring food hunting.

You can clearly observed that they tend to pair and stays at the designated areas on those nesting planks.

Some will be climbing into their nests, some will hang closed to their parent and some will start building their unready nests.

I am sure if I can install those zooming and tilting CCTV cameras I can observe exactly what they do while in their nests.

There are lots of things to learn and I sincerely believed that CCTV can help you to get to know more about your swiftlets routine behaviours while they are back home.

The only caution that I was warned are those red infra red light emitted by those cameras. According to some people, they believed that the birds are scared of the red light.

From by experiences they are not however I took precautions by switching them off after my routine inspection.

Have a go and see what I mean.....

No comments: