Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Birdcall Test In Rembau, N9.



Last weekend I took my wife and her very close friend to Port Dickson Avillion Hotel.

We were thinking of getting to know this new resort that provide many special things especially their SPA and chalets which were built obove those sea water.

Well we were given the merry go around. There were two Avillion hotels along the same beach. The first was the Chalet style (Avillion Port Dickson) while the other was a hotel block (Avillion Admiral Cove).

We make a mistake of booking online and we booked the wrong hotel.

Well I think the owner was so stupid of misleading people to the wrong place. In the first place why should they use the same Hotel name along the same beach? I nearly lost my head but after listening to the cost per night, I think my wife mistake was not bad after all.

The Chalet cost per night was between rm800 to rm1,500 while the admiral cove was between 300 to 800 per night.

Anyway, immediately after checking in, one of my blog reader Mr.P, was at the lobby with his friend Mr.Y waiting to take me over to a field trip.

We, me, my wife and her friend, hooped into his car and we went to the piece of land, somewhere in Rembau, where Mr.P has been thinking about building his first BH.

We took almost 40 minutes to reach there.

Upon reaching the land, about 1 kilometer from the main road, I came out to view the land which he planted with palm oil seedling interlaced with bananas. The land was undulating and we stood on the highest part of it.



Hmm... I cannot see any swiftlets. There were a couple of Martins but not a single walet.....

May be it was too early to see them flying home to roost.

Upon a very close observations there were one or two in the horizon and my suspicion was right.

The land was not directly below a flying path.

Well to prove that there were some swiftlets around I suggest Mr.P to play my Duress using his car CD player, the gadget was not ready and yet to be fixed.

Within lest then 2 minutes, there they were. A few 10ths and later there were about 50 birds flying above the car.

The birds, the majority, came from one direction and we called in from the telekom towers.

I told Mr.P if he should use the gadget, the number can be easily increased to double.

He was so impressed with the sound. Before this he used to test using some other sound but the number was not more then 3. To make it more he have to add those mynah, merbok and martins into his tabulation. He he he...

Duress, to him, is still the best and the most powerful.

No comments: