Search This Blog

Friday, September 19, 2008

Manage To Revamp A BH In Raub !!!


I was in Bentong, Pahang and of course I visited my BH there.

The very good news is that the first signs of nests are pretty obvious. After three months at last my effort is showing the result expected.

The only sad thing was that the number of birds flying around Bentong Town is not many. There are lots of those migratory birds (Martin).

While in Bentong contacted a friend (blog reader) in Raub and told him that I will be passing thru. He was very happy to have me in his town because he wanted to show me what he has done with this B-I-L BH.

After a good Kepala Ikan Curry, stop at the BH under revamp and I was surprised with what they have done based on my earlier recommendations. Wow, the place much better then before and now I feel like in a BH.

Looks okay however the room temperature and humidity is still not to my specification. I told them to shut those ventilation holes and the exhaust fan. On the top of that increase the number of Humidifiers to three.

A new set of tweeters have yet to arrive and the data room new area is about to take shape. Told the owner to add a few more nesting planks below the concrete beams, hidden corners and that area below those cement protrusions.

This will create additional nesting areas with minimum intervention. I hope by next week the whole place will be in good shape before they start those new sounds that I have assembled for them.

I am very sure this BH is going to be one of the best in Raub.

No comments: