Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Flying Path Is My Preferred Location Selection Criteria !!!

Out of so many selection criteria’s of a proper piece of land to be developed into a BH Eco Park I choose the flying path as my utmost important.

Do you know why?

Simple, because once you are below them the chances for you to lure those birds down are very very great. Trust me on this particular issue. Just imagine every morning and evening there were 100 to 500 thousand birds flying above your birdhouse. Just pull a fraction of those birds, you will have a new beginning.

Every season there will be many young birds that will fly out for their maiden flight to the eating ground. When they pass you BH in the morning they can be easily lured down to inspect your new BH. When evening comes, again you can lure them with those sweet melodies.

If you do this seduction every day for 365 days a year, I am sure some will come and stay in you BH.

I was with someone in KB a few weeks ago. He was fairly new in this swiftlet business and was eager to find a suitable land to be used as his maiden venture.

He took me to a few of the BHs that he was building for some of those millionaires in KB and showed me several pieces of land that he was offered.

Every time he stops at those pieces of land he will pull the test gadget he bought from me and there he goes luring those wild birds above his car.

After 20 minutes he will estimate the number of birds responded and asked me: "Harry what do you think of the result?”

I always smile and say that: Hmm.... not bad but maybe we should try another place.

What I was doing was more toward giving him the knowledge on how to conduct those birdcall tests properly. He always forgot to stop his car in an open area for the test. Due to those soft laterite roads it was difficult to find suitable open space to conduct the test.

After every test I will provide a kind of remarks that let him to do a few more.

You know something, for every test he conducted, he learn something new.

On the very last day of my stay I advised him to be with me for a drink at around 6pm.

We met and after those drink, I took him for a closer look at those successful birdhouses along the Olympic Jalan Tikus, Kota Bahru, Kelantan.

I asked him to observe what is happening and how many thousands and coming back to the houses. There were at least 30 to 50 thousands a minute (from about 7pm to 8 pm only).

I asked him: Can you tell me which direction are they coming from?

He followed the direction of those birds and retorted: "Harry, they are coming back mainly from those directions crossing the river".

Are you very sure? I asked as if I do not know.

"Yes Harry I am very sure of what I saw".

Okay now let me ask you, where do you think you should choose your dream birdhouse?

"Hmm... below their flying path, that should be on the other side of the river!!"

Now your brain is working. All this while what happen to your thinking cap?

"Oh ya Harry, you are unbelievable and logical. I will make a trip to the other side of the river tomorrow at about the same time and observe their flying back path. Will call you when I find those spot. Thank you and thank you Harry. You are a marvelous person".

No don’t thank me, thank God that he arranged for you to meet me.

I did very little but just to activate some of your brain cells to think and make the most logical decision.

The next day, I was already back in KL, at about 6:30 pm he called.

"Harry I am here a crossed the river as promised and you are damn right. They are thousands of them flying above my head and very crazy man. As promised I will try to locate a piece of land for my swiftlet venture. You are fantastic Harry and you are so sincere in teaching me the right things to do. I owe you one and I will always treasure our relationship".

Well I was very happy that I done something to this guy. I am very sure he will be a very successful swiftlet rancher.

At least he will not be in those failure brackets.

Hope all my blog readers learn something from this simple episode as a blogger.

Have a good day...

1 comment:

Azimullah said...

hi harry...
why not choose the feeding area instead of the flying path? any reasons?