Search This Blog

Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Simple Formula On How To Be A Good First Timer In Swiftlet Farming !!!

A few weeks ago I was invited to PWTC (Putra World Trade Center) by a friend who promised to let me collect a few copies of Swiftlet Farming book in Bahasa.

There was an exhibition conducted by TEKUN (a government organisation) on various business opportunities available for business orientated people.

There were at least 100 plus stalls and you can imagine the number of ideas on how to be on your own.

The best was the three stalls that display swiftlet farming business opportunities.

Well when I arrived the friend of mine was away and what I did was to be a busy body and waited in his stall.

The moment he arrived I was taken to the Riverview Coffee house for a teh tarik.

Surprise, surprise and surprise. The moment we sat down, Mr A, a big player in swiftlet farming saw us and he sat down and as usual spoke about how busy he has been with his activities.

The best news was the allocation given by TEKUN, about 2.5 million ringgit for his swiftlet farming projects.

His son, just complete a thesis on swiftlet farming, completed his degree from University Utara Malaysia in Sintok.

The best that I would like to share is the receipt on how to be a successful swiftlet farmer.

His idea is to challenge any body who claim to know a lot in swiftlet farming.

His method of operation is to give the guy a piece of paper and let him write down everything that he/she knows that will make a birdhouse failed.

The idea was to make these items as a checklist when ever you built or owned one.

Our Mr.A is willing to double the list if he is challenged to it.

A marvellous idea and I surely recommend all my blog readers to do what this guy is saying.

The lesson here is, if you want to be successful in your swiftlet venture it is good to have a checklist of all those things which might destroy your project.

Split the items into micro and macro. Micro for internal measures and macro for external environment.

Well you might want to start writing immediately after you finish reading this.

Start with:

Micro:


Internal Temperature must be .....

Humidity ......

Darkness ......

Entrance hole must be.....

.....

......

Macro:

The area must be located on a flat land.

The area must be away from tall trees.

and .......

Good luck my friends.

2 comments:

chong said...

Dear Harry

Good day and many thanks for setting up this blog. I have been reading your blog for a while now and everything got very exciting when I found out that my land in kuantan has potential. So may I ask for advice if I am looking for investor for my land. Or if you have anyone that may be keen. I'm actually working in KL now and would not mind meeting up prospective partners in KL.

Many Thanks

Chong

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing info and invite me to yr BH yesterday. Syiok dengar bunyi burung...

Haris - BKE