Search This Blog

Friday, September 26, 2008

A Birdhouse Owner Turn Around To Teach BH "Consultant".

choo
Reading my blog plus a few others turn a BH owner that I came to know to get back to his BH "Consultant".

This is something that I have expected.

I was in Pahang during my Friday BH visit and met a person who told me how much he learned from my "Swiftlet Farming Blogspot".

He and a few of his friends are fast turning into BH farm owners in a big way.

Their reason being, they are tired of doing those conventional business that employs so many general workers. Each worker is actually not an asset but burden. Just yesterday one of his worker injured his leg while carrying out his factory works.

So they started to look at Swiftlet Farming as their way out of these daily and boring routine.

They stumbled onto my blog and until today never miss reading all the things that I wrote.

The best so far is to teach their so call "Consultant" on all the things that he was not doing right in two of their Birdhouse constructions. I am sure he too is in the learning process.

Just imagine when I entered one of the BH he converted the temperature was above 32.5*C and the humidity was below 70%? All the ventilation holes were wide opened and the number of tweeters were below 1/2 a square meter?

There was no guidelines on how to manage the BH on a monthly basis. No humidifiers, no aromas, no changing of sound , no temperature and humidity measurement gadget, no digital timers and what they were told was to wait.

After seven months nothing happened. No birds in the house and they were wondering why?

Luckily they found my blog and have me to take a good look.

I have this simple method to check whether you have the right "Consultant".

Interrogate him with a few simple questions and see what will be the possible answers he will give to you.

Start with:

1) What is the recommended range of temperature, humidity and darkness?
2) Why are they so important to your BH?

3) How many ventilation holes your BH must have and what are they for?

4) During early stage of your BH operation do you need to open all of them and why?


If he can give you sensible answers then you are on the right track but if he try to avoid answering like " Trust me I know what I am doing", then you are in a lot of trouble.

The answers for the four questions can be found in my blog, if you know how to find them. If not please send me an email so that I can give you the right answers.

Follow this technique and I am sure you will get the right person to work with you for your first BH.

Well whats next?

After you have built one with him, you can now built your own. What you need is just the knowledge and then you might want to consider doing yourself by arranging the right contractors to built the building, Install those electrical items and etc.

How long are you going to be dependent on your "Consultant"?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Harry, just sharing a funny way of describing "Consultant". Heard this definition in one of the seminar I attnded recently. Consultant is a professional in "Con" & "Insult", he,he....To those genuine & professional consultant...pls don't take it seriously, I post this message just for a laugh. Cheer up :-)