Search This Blog

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kuala Krai Swiftlets Rock and Roll



I was very impressed with those many BHs in this small town.

The sky was littered with swiftlets and I just could not stop taking so many pictures.

Out of so many BHs I choose a few that shows a very heavy activities.

The above is one and one more at the bottom.

The bottom clip shows an old BH with 20 kilos a month while the top clip was a new BH which have a very aggressive owner. He has his entrance hole facing the other heavily populated BH and his intention is to suck those young birds into his.

Just listen to the beautiful melody which makes those birds go wild. The attack the tweeters and the walls around the tweeters. This is what a good BH should looks like. The owner put in place a very attractive sound to lure those wild birds to his entrance hole.

Remember once the sound no longer pull the crowd, change them to a more attractive sound.

Well as I always mentioned in some of my articles, you need to think for your investment. The quicker they populate your BH the faster you get the return of investments.

Zang Toi ancestor's house was on the front lane of the white painted BH.

My Mr.E, my guide, shop was on the same row. He has yet to ask the tenant to move to a new place. I told him that the unit is fit to be a gold harvester. Yes make money from the air.

2 comments:

K L said...

Really fascinated by the wild reation. Why do some of them cling on to the external wall ?

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

yong,

I think they got so attracted to the sound and the tweeters were attached to the side of the wall.

The sound must have been transfered to the wall too. This causes some of the birds to rest on the wall just above the tweeters.