Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Believe Me That If You Do Not Take Care They Will Vacate Your BH !!!


Have any one told you that those birds will run away if you do not take good care on your BH?

This article is about how a very successful BH, once full and now only a few flying out every morning.

When travelled to Kemaman, Trengganu my host booked me into this nice and new hotel called HomeStay Hotel.

Main reason being the Hotel is very closed to a very successful BH where those birds will keep coming out until 8:30am in the morning.

I took his offer with the hope that every morning I can enjoy looking at those birds flying out.

The next morning I woke up at about 6:15am and got ready with my camera to capture the morning jam.

I waited till 8:00am there were only a few that trickle from the entrance hole.

Hmmm.......I was very dissappointed but at the same time keep thinking what went wrong with this BH.

My host was cock sure that he saw thousands every morning and everning but how come now there were so little closed to nothing?

I zoom my camera on the BH and just look at those creepers (plant) and the coconut tree leaning on the BH wall.

I think the owner have very little idea on what went wrong and he have not done something to turn around his BH.

Looking at the structure, about 20 feet by 20 feet and 4 stories tall, I think it was build perhaps about 6-7 years ago. At that time the global warming was unheard of.

Now with the increasing temperature his BH internal temperature must have cause many of the birds to run away to many new BHs in the area.

The creeper and the coconut tree might be useful to provide some shed but he did not realised that these plant brings more harm than goodness.





Those rats, squirrels, snake, ants, owl and many other predators can easily climb into the house.

These predators might be the second reason why his BH is getting lesser birds staying.

Enjoy the picture and if you would like to visit this BH please refer to this map. (please double click on the tear drop, pink in color),


View Birdhouses Locations (Harry) in a larger map




No comments: