Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Martin Birds Building Materials Collection !!!


This video clip was taken in Kota Tinggi, Johore.

I was at the back of a Palm Oil tree when I saw a couple of birds collecting mud and grass for nesting repair or rebuilding.

I was very fascinated with their behaviours and I wanted to look as closed as I can.

With my Nikon Coolpix P90 I managed to record a number of clips that I planned to load onto youtube.



After taking a few clips I decided to locate their nest around the shop houses.

Managed to locate one of the many nests and took a few clips too.

This particular nest was on repair mode.

The couple was building on the top of an old nest.



I believed their breeding cycle was near since today there was a heavy rain.

How I wish I could carry out cross fostering !!!!

Martins normally laid four eggs at any one time.

They do not have the ability to fly in the dark.

They love to build their nests along the 5 foot path in any shop houses or abandon buildings.

They usually repair old nests and build their own on the top.

Remember they built their nest using mud and grass while swiftlet build their nests using their saliva.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is new collection of materials those are used in building construction.


Atlanta home inspection