Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Greeted at KK Airport and Solved One BH Problem !!!


I think I have already done my day's job in KK.

I arrived at about 12 noon in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah from Kuala Lumpur.

Was greeted by Mr.G and his assistant. Went for a quick lunch and immediately after the quikie, he took me to one of his BH.

"Pak Harry, I am not very happy over the performance of this BH. Been in operation for about 8 months and the number of nests is below 30. Please give your opinions."

Since he took me for lunch I have to repay my dues. I asked him what if his consultant might be offended? He answered it is okay. The 6 months warrantee period is over.

The first thing I did was to walk to the entrance hole at the back of the BH. I observed the number of birds circling outside. There were none.

The moment he opened the main door, I quickly have a good look at the sound system he is using.

Hmm .... not bad. A brand new set of Nikodo amplifiers, 4 pieces. Two in operations and the other two must be on the standby mode.

Wait a minute there is something not right with the amplitude setting. All the knobs were not properly set.

I told Mr G that the setting might be the cause of poor performance of the Bh.

Upon further observations I thing there were many more faults that Mr.G did not realised.

I told him that I am very sorry for being so good in identifying so many faults in the sound system setting. Beside the amplitude setting there were many more and I listed to him the followings:

1) The amplitude setting on all the four amplifiers were wrong. I showed to him how to reset them and later asked his son to follow the new setting.

2) The three knobs that controls the treble, mid and bass were also wrongly set. I showed him the correct setting.

3) The setting of those Hager timer controlling the switching of the two amplifiers playing the external sounds were also readjusted. I showed him the correct setting for the peak hours and the normal hours setting.

4) I took the two thumb drives which Mr.G stored his two sets of external sounds and I told him that they were wrongly used. Okay I recopied the sounds and provide my latest Python 2. The first thumb drive was with the Tongkat Ali, Black Cloud and Godsend.

5) I reset the timing on the internal sound amplifiers.

I told Mr.G to go and have a look at what was hbappening at the entrance hole.

He was very suprised. Those adjustments plus the new sounds drag in so many birds into the house. Before my adjustments there were nearly zero birds at the entrance hole.

I told him that he need to be very careful with those sound system. They must be precisely set and he must change those sounds once they loose their effectiveness.

The lesson from this article is simple. Make sure you do not make too many mistakes with your amplifiers settings.

If you are not sure call some one who can help. If there is no one to help use this SOS number 017 755 1318.

No comments: