Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

The New Look Of Segantang Garam Containerised BH !!!




After receiving my advises the owner now have a better pictures on what were needed to draw those birds into his BH.

This was the same containerised BH I visited a few weeks back. During my first visit the owner was not smiling at all.

Now he seem to smiling alot and every time a bird should fly around the entrance hole, the whole thing change. He is a better person. I have created a new person.

Early stage the BH was too hot (internally and externally), the entrance hole was not at the right location, the number of tweeters were too little, the LAL was not properly located, internally the BH smell was not right, the room darkness was not proper, the ventilation holes were drawing too much hot air inside and so on.

I gave him my full visit report and asked him to comply with it.

I reaffirmed with him that if he can comply to all my recommendations those swiftlets will come back. Trust me I said.

He followed nearly all by himself and yesterday I dropped by to deliver some of the balance items ordered (4 humidifiers and 2 bags of ammonia bicarbonate).



I was allowed to view the new look and I told him that he have done a good job.

After covering the cabin's walls with those black plastic mat the inner temperatures were cooler and attractive.

The entrance hole was relocated facing the flight path and the fish ponds.

More tweeters were installed at the entrance hole plus a hexagonal tweeter.

When arriving at the house there were at least 5 to 10 bird roving around the entrance hole.

A very good signs, I told him.

Entered the cabin and have a good look inside.

The number of tweeters, the orientation of those external sound tweeters were perfect.

The only setback were the location of the LAL in the Dog House and the 1st floor. I was not very pleased with the positioning but with the proper tweeter's positioning I hope it will be okay.

Inside the house there was one nest with a young baby.

Those of you who have never entered or visit a containerised BH and wanted to visit one please make the necessary booking (017 755 1318). There is a small fee for the trip.





This proved that the cabin is hospitable and there will be more to come.

The roving room's walls were also with lots of birshit markings......

My advise to the owner was to regularly observe the number of bird playing at the entrance door and make sure they are not zero all the time.

Once that happened he need to quickly change the external sound.

By the way he was using my medley all this while.....

















No comments: