Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A New Discovery On How To Increase Your BH Nest Population !!!



During my many visits of those BHs in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, I discovered something strange but interesting.

This strange behaviour have something to do with the choice of location where those swiftlet love to build their nests.

If you analyse the various pictures I attached with this article you will understand why.

This particular BH I visited was in KK town and have about 200 -300 nests in it.

The owner wanted me to give some advise how to pull the birds to the lowest floor (4 stories but they mostly stays on the top most and the 3rd floor but not at the 2nd and 1st floor).

While doing my CSI works I notice some strange choice of where a few of those birds choose where to build their nest.

Yes there were a number of nests that were build on the cement wall just below those crossing beams.

I took very little notice in the begining but these new findings should be useful if I know how to.

My idea from this new observation is that if you have a number of supporting beams in your new or old BH, try to capitalise on this new thing.

What I recommend is to place those styrofoam fake nests (4"x1"X1/2"), two pieces and one inch apart,underneath the beam where those birds will occuppy soon.

If you have four beam then you might creat at least 16 extra nesting locations in your BH.

Remember one birdnest will increase your BH value by 1,000 ringgit. If all the 16 locations are occuppied your BH value now will be increased by 16,000 ringgit.







No comments: