Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Unhappy With 600% Nest Increased In Two Years !!!


When I took over the operation of this particular BH it was with only 8 nests.

Now after nursing the BH for more than 2 years the nest number climbed up by more than 600%.

It should have been 2000% I told the owner.

Initially the BH was hot like a sauna and the nest population was dead for more than 2 years.

I remember very well the day I received a call from the owner he wanted my help badly.

After viewing the BH I told him that the chance to get the BH to its full capacity is not that good.

This was mainly due to the location which was not on the flying path of those swiftlet, I told him. The were not many seen flying around the area in the morning and evening.

The only thing that I can do is to turn around to something that you can be happy with, I told him.

Today with my full commitment to push the nest population to perhaps 200 nests by year end, I have decided to upgrade the BH with some new things that I know will improve its performances.

Two full days and spend about 1,500 ringgit for this round of upgrading.

The things that I did were as follows:

1) Install two new set of nitrate buster humidifiers with top cover and skirting.

2) Installed an auto sensor to ensure that the two new humidifiers will push the VIP room humidity to around 88%RH.

3) Two new rows of nesting planks were added.  Main objective was to increase the corners where these birds love to build their nests.

4) On the two rows I have created about 15 new cluster tweeters plus 25 singles tweeters.

5) I have decided to deploy the "OohLaLa" sound with a full set of tweeters inside the VIP rooms for trial purposes.

6) I have also decided to remodel the rooms to block those light into the nesting rooms.

7) I wanted to lure more birds into this BH using those insect barn.  I therefore installed a set for trial run.

I might need to install a few new gadgets soon but for now wanted those birds to settle down.  No disturbances for the next 20 days.

Will see what happen next.

This article is for you to learn from my experiences.

Once the nests population is slow and not reaching your target after some time you need to upgrade the house.

You will see an immediate improvement when you change the BH setting, if you are smart in choosing the right things to do.

Try to look back at your BH, when it was last upgraded and see when will be the next revamp works to be done.

Remember there are more and more new ideas or technologies available now as compared to years ago.

It might do good if you do them now.

I will be available if you need my help in your decision to upgrade.

Trust me.  I will try to double your nests population in 12 months after modification works.

Prior to any upgrading I need to visit your BH and analyse what need to be done. My visit fee now is within RM1,500 to RM2,500 subject to location. The cheapest in Malaysia but I will put forward to you a comprehensive report that you need to upgrade in black and white.

A written report shall be submitted on the spot and after which you or me can proceed with the upgrade.

The cost to upgrade usually will be for the materials to be supplied, labour fee and professional fee.

Try my service just one time and see if I am creative enough to increase your BH nests population.

Call 017 7551318 now.

No comments: