Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

An Interesting Day With Unbelievable Results !!!



I could not find the right word when I was told by the owner of a BH that after three month his so called dead BH was with more than 35 bird shit spots.

Remember the BH located some where in Karak, Pahang.

The first time I visited the BH I was not vary keen to revamp it.

All in all I could not get enough number of birds to respond to my test sound "Duress".

Since the owner was willing to meet my request and comply with my cost to revamp I came to do my best.

The BH was practically empty with very little tweeters, no VIP room, wrong way of birds flying into the BH, wrong LAL orientation and worst when it was located deep in between a palm oil plantation and rubber trees.

I took more than two weeks to reorganize the BH and finally managed to hand over to the owner who call me "Uncle Harry".

Deep in my heart I don't really think he will get any result.

But since he was so desperate after waiting for more than 8 months with zero tenant I keep telling him that I have done my best and by looking at the end results it was a beautiful piece of work.

I told him to pray hard and try not to enter the BH for the next three months.

That was what he did.

After "Genap" 3 months he called and chased for my attention.

"Uncle Harry, it already 3 months.  When are you coming over to inspect the BH.  I cannot "tahan" any longer."

Oh oh, I think I am going to be in a big problem, I told myself.

To standby or should I say worst case scenario I replied and told him like this:

"Okay I will be free next Friday for your sake I will bring this insect generating gadget specially made for your BH."

His answer:  "Okay good Pak Harry, you really care for my BH.  Thank you uncle."

I took one of my worker with me and I told him precisely what I wanted him to do and what I will be doing.

The owner was ever ready at the BH when we arrived.

Okay let me open the door and let my boys apply the Mutiara Aroma.

The next thing that happened was interesting.

"Uncle Harry, wow so many spots and most of them are inside the VIP rooms."

Hmm... I was a bit surprised and speechless.

This BH was my least expected and now it shows a tremendous potential.

I remembered at one time I need to ask the owner to kill those martins who seems to chase away any swiftlet that came closed to the entrance door.

There was zero bird shit spots on the floor except those bats guanos.

An now suddenly there were more than 35 bird shit spots.

Something to celebrate and I believed what I did during revamping must have be right.

1) The monkey house holes, I open two sides.

2) Relocated the initial hole to the other side to minimize the light polluting the entrance areas.

3) I shut the original entrance door from the monkey house roving to the nesting room and open nearer and facing the staircase.  My main aim was to allow the birds to fly to the middle floor.

4) I created about four VIP rooms, two each on the top and the middle.

5) I installed those crossings to create more corners inside the VIP rooms.

6) I also create a substantial number of cluster tweeters arrangements.

7) Installed a number of kite and chandelier tweeters.

8) Also fixed a reasonable numbers of fake nests.

9) Applied the Mutiara Aroma.

10) Play some good sounds.

11) Installed a set of hexagonal tweeter above the main entrance window.

12) Deployed those power tweeters around the monkey house.

The results shown as at today is outstanding.

I cannot say that I am good but with all the knowledge gathered and experiences  I think this BH can be one of my so called example successful revamped BH.

I will be very happy to invite any one who wanted to visit this BH.  The only condition is when the next maintenance takes place and of course the permission by the owner.

No comments: