If you find that your BH until today is still not properly populated and you have tried so many ways to pull those birds you should consider the use of insect generating.
The idea is very simple.
These birds needs to eat and survive. In actual fact they need about 5 grams of flying insects per day.
What happen if they could not get enough food every day?
They will be staffed to death.
Those that are alive will be thin and weak.
Their babies produced will be smaller in size and thus the next generation will produced smaller sized nests.
The only way out for these new generation to survive is to migrate to other place where there are lots of food to stay alive, healthy and good to start a family.
So do you think the time have come that you need to start looking into the possibility of installing an insect generating system in your BH?
I think the answer is yes.
(Insect Maggots: Starter)
These are the benefits but there are also some issues after you have these system installed:
1) If your BH is in the middle of an agricultural land, you will have lots of visitors every morning from the moment the sun rises until 10:00am. These so call swiftlet will start their day by visiting your house since there will be lots of insects flying out in the early morning.
2) If you BH in closed to an area where there are a lot of BHs, your BH will become a favourite spot. All the birds that passes your rooftop will tend to have a free breakfast or lunch or dinner before flying home. The more you have these visitors, the more the chances of populating your BH nests.
3) There is a strong possibilities that you permanent tenants will have lesser difficulties to find food during rearing of their babies. Usually they need to travel at least 20 minutes out and will return with those insects in their gut. With insects in the BH they need not travel so far to harvest those insects.
4) The young birds that took their first flight out need not travel far to find their first catch. They could even catch these food inside where they are staying.
5) If you add proper ingredients inside those insect food you actually will produced insects that are strong and full of vitamins and minerals in them. The moment they are consumed by your birds, they will be much stronger and better quality of life (healthier).
6) A well fed birds will be larger in size and they can produce more saliva. This will translate into a better quality and thicker nests.
7) The content of your soup in a very small way will help the quality of nests produced in your BH.
So with the above benefits you should start thinking on starting one today.
The best is to start one stand alone unit with about 15 kilograms of insects food as a trial system from Pak Harry.
As a beginner you also need to get insect maggots as the insect activator.
Within less than 18 days you BH will be a different place to those birds.
The 15 kilograms system will be able to produce about 1.5 kilograms of insect per day during it peak period.
Just imagine if you have four to five of the racks?
My suggestion is to try one set and if your see improvements you should consider increasing the number of racks to about 4 or event 6 racks.
It will be a bit tedious but worth the hard work.
If you think the time have come to introduce this new insect generating idea please call 017 7551318.
I will be at your service to explain the correct methods and how to activate them.