Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

About Two Months And Not Many Birds Entering His BH !!!



Just finished talking of a young man who wanted some sounds for his father's newly launched BH.

"Pak Harry I was asked to call you about buying BH sounds.  Do you have them?"

This is something very common where BH owners who thought that building a BH is simple and they took no precautions when making the decision.

After one to two months they then realized that their BH is not performing to their very high expectations.

The worst thing that happened was when they leave everything to their so called "Consultant".

I told the young boy that there might be more to what he or his dad think.

My advise to him was to get someone that is well verse with BHs to come and inspect.

Let him do the necessary investigation and see if he can come out with the right recommendations.

It might not be the sound but there are 1001 more things that are not right with the BH, I told him.

Since he was from Sibu, Sarawak I got a personal friend who happened to be my student who now owned a  number of successful BHs in Sibu.

He is a Doctor and I am sure you can depend on him.

To those who are new to this swiftlet farming industry please be a bit more sensitive on what you should do to be a successful BH owner.

Try to learn as much as you can by attending seminars, courses and read as much as you can about swiftlet farming.

I am sure attending my seminars will be useful.

On the same issue I have a talk with a friend of mine in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah today.

He once organized some seminar for me to deliver in KK and during the same time managed to get me to help a few of his friends to build BHs in Sabah.

I was on the phone asking him to help another newbie searching for some nesting planks.

"Pak Harry when are you coming to KK again.  I got a very good news for you.  My BH on the hill slope which you help to design and decorate inside is doing well.  Last few month the nests number suddenly surged to 20 nests with lots more markings inside."

He sound so excited and I told him to continue monitoring the BH and make sure its sound are running on a continuous basis.

What about the other BH in Beaufort?

"That one is better still.  The number now is above 50 nests and a lot of birds are coming in to stay.  I estimated about 300 birds now."

This was the BH whose owner fell down the LAL during its early construction stages.

I remember the story that immediately after he recovered from a two days coma he wanted nothing else but to listen to my external sound:

 "Can I listen to the Marvellous Cloud sound?".

I am very happy with the two BHs in Sabah.

I hope on my December 14-16th to KK I will be given a chance to visit both units.

Both BH owners were very proud and did mentioned thank you Pak Harry.

No comments: