Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2012

November 3rd Seminar !!!


A small group of swiftlet newbies attended my November 3rd 2012 seminar.

Two from The Phillipine, two from Vietnam, one from Thailand and two from Sabah.

I was very happy to serve them and after the full day talking and explaining my points all left with a very happy heart.

We started with a short history on swiftlet farming.  I introduced how it began and when it started in Malaysia.

The next interesting topic was what a newbie must know about those swiftlet.  I focus more on their strength and weaknesses.  If you know their strength and weaknesses you can know how to cheat them.

The most interesting topic was about how to locate the right piece of land to build a BH.  Beside knowing the number of birds responded to your bird call sound you might also like to know where are their flying path.  Both knowledges will help to design and orientate your BH.

The Design criteria of a BH was something new to most of these newbies.  I touched on the requirement of those birds a right enclosure size to fly in a circle.  Use this minimum size to design the rest.

The important on the right sound for your BH was covered in the 3rd last topics.  I wanted to stress to them that if your BH have no proper sound it will equivalent to you without having your heart pumping.

The second last topic were more on various interesting gadgets that I have discovered and help to populate any BH.  The kite, chandeliers and chocolate tweeters were exposed.

My last topic was about those two important phases to run your BH.  If you wanted to accelerate your new population increase try to adopt the force harvest once a year.

Started at about 8:30 am and I finally finished at about 8:30pm.  Twelve hours straight and managed to reach home at about 9:00pm.

I was a bit tired and took an early sleep for I do need to take four of these newbies to a field trip.

Today took the four to Karak BH and Hulu Langat.

All went well and by 7:00pm I was back at home.

May god bless these group of newbies with the swiftlet farming projects.


No comments: