Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Developed A New Sound From A Sound Collection !!!

"Pak Harry, I have an offer to make.  I got a collection of more than 300 sounds and I would like you to have them.  Please try to find which one or two that are good."

That was the word from a swiftlet enthusiast that have this strange ability to extract sound from the internet.

I accepted his offer and hand over a hard drive for him to download all his collection.

It took me several days to sought through those many sounds.

Many were very old sounds but some are from some high profile swiftlet consultants.

"Hei how come Pak Harry's names were also on the list?" I ask him.

This is how people who are well verse with internal will be able be extract other people's prized swiftlet farming sound FOC.

Coming back to the collection I managed to sought a few sounds that I can feel that they are pretty exciting, clear and similar to those tones that will usually attract birds.

What I did than was to hear one by one and choose the top three.

Once the best is chosen I will evaluate its pitch and sound structures.

The one that I feel are attractive I copied and paste more often.

Normally I will focus to assemble all the selected portions to be not more than 5 minutes.

Once that is done, amplified and cleaned, I will repeat the same sound until it become 30 minutes in length.

The sound shall be kept in WAV and MP3 format.

Then I will take the sound for its field test.

The outcome of this test will determine the effectiveness of the sound.

If the birds respond and all of them entered the entrance hole, I am safe to say that the sound was well received.

The next thing to do is to play the sound for at least three to four months at a location that shows tremendous attraction to gauge the number of new nests that will fill the nesting room.

So far I have yet to reach this status.

The good new is that I have found one that seems to be pretty exciting.

My next move is to prepare another sound using the same tested sound that shall be used as its internal sound.

You can learn a lot by doing this kind of service.

I will be sending a set of this sound to the owner of the collection.

I wanted him to test if the result will benefit his BH.

Those of you who have a similar sound library let me try to help in choosing the right sound for you.

No comments: