Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Swiftlet Flying Behaviour Inside My Kepong BH Monkey House !!!



Yesterday went into my Kepong BH for some preparation works.

Did some inspection on those insect generating set and they were working pretty well.  Nearly all the yellow containers were with lots of maggots.

Those flying insects were all over the place and some were seen at the main entrance hole.

Did some change to the sound and sprayed insecticide since there were lots of cockroaches on the floor.

While working of the sound I saw some interesting movements inside the roving area inside the monkey house.

There seems to be a large number of swiftlet entering the area and managed to snap a video clip.

The reasons why they entered could be because of:

1) The new sounds that I invented the night before.  This new sound is under testing operation.  Have not given its name but working on something like "Gangnam".

2) The smell of those insecticide why I sprayed quite a lot.  The whole nesting room have this soothing smell.

3) Maybe because I watered the yellow boxes.  Those insects must have been stirred up and they are flying all over the room thus will invite those swiftlet to chase after them.

4) It could be the weather outside.  Been raining heavily these few days.


Overall the activities inside this BH is encouraging.  Lots of activities and I am happy to have been looking after it for many months.

The owner wanted me to harvest some nests for him and I promise to do it next week.

Those of you who are new and have no opportunity to view BHs please call 017 7551318.  Will arrange a trip into BHs is you wish to.

No comments: